RGC Postdoctoral Fellowship Scheme 2024/25
Call for Application/Nomination
04 Aug 2023 - 31 Oct 2023
01 Nov 2023 - Apr 2024
Nomination for PDFS 2024/25
All UGC-funded universities are eligible to make nomination for the fellowship in support of full-time employment of PdF for research projects / activities. Each university may nominate up to 12 PdF candidates (PDFS nominees) and is required to specify in the nomination the research project(s) / activities to be assigned to the PDFS nominee during the fellowship period.
To qualify for the fellowship, the PDFS nominee must:
- obtain a legal right to work and reside in Hong Kong during the fellowship period;
- have obtained / been conferred a PhD degree or an equivalent qualification on or after 1 January 2020 (i.e. not more than three years before 2023), or will complete the requirement of a PhD degree or an equivalent qualification by 31 August 2024; and
- be supported by a UGC-funded university at which he / she wishes to hold the fellowship.
The PDFS nominee should be a graduate in the relevant field of the research project(s) / activities to which he / she is to be assigned.
Candidates will be assessed based on the following criteria:
- record of academic excellence;
- research ability and track record to date;
- leadership experience;
- merit of the proposed research project(s) /activities;
- potential impact of the proposed research project(s); and
- university’s support.
The two selection panels formed under the Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme, i.e. Humanities, Social Sciences and Business Studies Selection Panel (H-Panel) and Sciences, Medicine, Engineering and Technology Selection Panel (S-Panel), will undertake the assessment of nominations and selection of awardees under the PDFS with respect to the two broad academic streams respectively.
Application/Nomination Deadline : 31 Oct 2023